Texas is just what I need right now. So many things have changed, but many are still the same. So much new construction! Plus Clear Lake is really starting to blossom into a somewhat more interesting place than it was growing up.
I've seen many people that I expected to see, and some I didn't (but they were pleasant surprises). Thanks to EVERYONE for driving me around everywhere, letting me crash at their places, and feeding me. I don't feel like a guest coming back; to me it's like coming home. Everyone's treating me to everything, and I feel so spoiled!
I had a GREAT time in Austin. Slept about 9 hours over 3 days, but hey that's OK. I slept for 14 hours when I finally got back to Houston. Thank you to everyone for being so hospitable to me in Austin, even though yall barely knew me! I know you guys will never be reading this, but I feel like I should put it up in the off chance you will. Southern Hospitality, I guess. Anyways, 6th Street was the shiznit. My first ever (and 2nd, and 3rd) times bar hopping. Learned about Red Snappers and Cherry Vodka Sours, and reintroduced myself to others.
So far, I feel like a fat pig. It's been a constant barrage of food everywhere I go. Whatever, hopefully I'll be so busy to eat in NYC so I'll lose weight. HA. Like that's going to happen. haha more like I'll get even fatter. O well.
Anyways, I'll be in Northeast side of Houston until Thursday. Will be doing some rest, hopefully catching up on the ZZZs (I'm still pretty tired), shopping, and other 'get ready for job' stuff. Hopefully this summer will be loads of fun, b/c it's already off to a good start! I look forward to seeing many familiar faces in the city this summer. Call me if you will be here! If you don't have my digits, just IM me. I'm not stupid enough to post them online. See yall soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home