Saturday, May 28, 2005

Tonight is Jessica and me's first night in NYC, and what a night it's been. Crazy parties and drunkeness you think? Not exactly. Let's take a quick recap.

We wake up in the morning, do some packing, and some power shopping (mall for work clothes and Target for random stuff). When I say power shopping, I mean power shopping. PS H&M has some cute stuff right now! If I was in there for more than 30 minutes, I probably would've spent even more money.

Then we go to the city, each rolling a small suitcase and carrying a duffel/backpack. Train -> PATH -> Subway -> Apartment. Bag ladies we were. We're only staying for the weekend, or we would've had more stuff. Then we laze around, acclimating ourselves to our new abode for the next few weeks. PS if anyone wants to come check it out, give me a holler!

We trek up to Columbia to make sure Jessica knows how to get there for training tomorrow (which is 7AM to 8PM. SEO people are CRAZY), and then downtown to Chinatown for dinner, because we wanted to get home early. We happened to meet up Dennis, who's close by. He and I decide to go out for drinks afterward, so Jessica and I part ways. This is where the story takes an interesting turn.

Jessica is unable to get into the apartment. She had an untested key, but we're pretty sure it's the same thing. After much phone tagging back and forth, we call the other guy who lives here, who calls a locksmith (note i'm still out w/ Dennis this entire time). He finally shows up and lets Jessica into the apartment. Turns out the lock broke when we left. Great. Anyways, I get there about 15 minutes after Jessica gets in, and the guy's changing the lock. Of course, there turns out there's issues changing out the lock cuz of the size of the hole or some crap like that. So in the end, I charged about 600 bucks to my credit card for the new lock and deadbolt, as well as the charge for getting us into the apartment. Welcome to NYC. Poor Jessica like fiddled with it forever, spent hours outside... well, at least we have a story now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home