Current Location: Tokyo, Japan
Loving the free internet. Didn't have it at the first hotel, though. Today's room is surprisingly large. It also has a butt cleaner, where it sprays water to keep you clean. I left my camera dock in my big suitcases at the first hotel, so unfortunately, no pictures loaded here. Let's see, what did I do today? Saw random stuff. hah I should've brushed up on my Japanese sashimi names before I came back. We had some for dinner. Standing only. You just point, and you get. Very kool. Plus I've seen so many kool electronics. I saw the small PS2, in silver and white. We also went to Sony's showroom dealie. VERY kool. Huge TVs, mp3 players in all different colors, etc.
So my computer freaked out, I thought it was broken. I was sitting in the airport and it DIDN'T WORK. I have no idea why. I flipped my shit. Then I turned it on in Japan, and magically, it worked. However, I lost all my stickie notes on my desktop, all my System Preferences were reset, and all my bookmarks on firefox disappeared. NO idea why. I'm just breathing a sigh of relief that it still works. I think I'm going to take it into the Apple Store in Taiwan to get it checked out.
So I got my email back from my manager. It's a no-go for starting early. *sigh* What the heck am I going to do till July 24??
Yea. After 1 day here, as much as I love Japanese culture, I'm SOO not cut out for it. The tour guide was telling us how she always has to walk behind her husband; she never walks next to him. Also, SHE has to carry the umbrella for HIM. All this male superiority CRAP. Also, the women always look so put together. Girls wear like full blown makeup and clothes for the PLANE. I looked like a bum at the airport while all the other girls busted out w/ their high heeled boots, etc. Plus, they all talk so quietly and stuff. I'm the complete opposite. Thank goodness I'm an American; I'd feel so stifled in a culture like this.
I know I'm jumping topics like crazy, but that's ok. Still kinda jetlagged; I'll blame it on that. =D

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home