Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I just came back on the bus from campus. I worked out today, so I was wearing like capri-ish pants, a tank top, and the windbreaker type jacket I was wearing from this morning. On the bus, there was this girl who had bundled up in a sweater, a big poufy jacket, a scarf, mittens, and get this, one of those HEAT PACK thingies in her hand that she kept using. You should've seen my face. I was like wtf... I just checked the weather. It's 57 degrees Fahrenheit. Granted, that's a bit cold in Taiwan. I understand MAYBE the clothes, but the HEAT PACK? CRAZIES!

And while on the track I came up with another question (jogging on the track really makes you think about random stuff).

Why is it that college kids here just aren't attractive? Not even in the Asian/Taiwanese/Chinese sense of beauty. Like yes, right now it's big on the shaggy hair, mullet, androgynous look for both sexes, but I notice that the Taiwanese college students (at least at Shida) are generally quite nerdy. Where are the well-balanced people (by well-balanced, I mean good looking AND smart) in this country? I mean, yes. Most of the girls have their hair straightened and/or cut into a mullet, but even those haircuts aren't as good as some of the others. And those 'party people' in Taiwan are looked down upon in Taiwan as losers who don't go to school and are 'bad'. It's like OMG you go out to a PUB? OOOOO. (note: the term 'pub' is used for anything like bars, clubs, pubs, etc) So really, my question is why are people so unbalanced? If you're good looking, you're generally dumb/ditzy, and if you're dorky/nerdy (and not in the GOOD way), you're generally not attractive.

If I could get the answer to this question, that'd be GREAT.

And yes, moles with disgusting long hairs (multiple hairs) are cancerous to the soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home