Monday, May 22, 2006

So now that my sleep is officially f---ed up and I just woke up at 11:30 PM from a 'nap', I guess I'm going to look back at my time in Taiwan that I haven't really written much about.

The first month kinda sucked, no doubt. Mosquitoes were loving my blood, and I was doing family stuff. Things improved once I moved out and started classes. I then had the pleasure of meeting my future wife and the awesomeness of her roommate through one of my favorite females on the face of this planet (who actually didn't really know them either, but that's ok). And thus, the sisterhood was born.

Classes were classes; you go, learn, have fun. My teacher was kool; she'd go out to eat with us, take us shopping, go KTV with us, and bought us lunch the day I left. I bet you if I went for a summer session, she would've gone out w/ us, because she went out w/ her old students.

For my birthday, the girls got me all this great stuff; it was definitely one of the best birthdays I've had since high school. Let's see, my classmates got me this scarf, a cake, and my teacher also brought me a cake. My class = rocks. That night, before going out to eat with the sisterhood, they surprised me with more cake (yum!), PERSONALIZED NARUTO STICKERS, STICKY ROLLER REFILLS (refer to an old entry with Ann using the roller), freshly cut fruit (which they cut THEMSELVES), fresh squeezed OJ coupons (with the help from Jerry, as I understand), AND I was proposed to. We made it official that day with a t-shirt. I think it's awesome that they all totally considered what I love and obsess over, and hooked me up crazy style. Best people EVER.

During my spring break, I went to Kenting, which is the beachy area in the south of Taiwan; about a 7 hour journey by train and bus. It was very pretty relaxing, and a good time was had by all. Many fun memories also of walking for miles and miles and miles... or should I say kilometers?

There was also a trip to HK where Darren took StephFan and I around for the 2.5 days we were there. We hit up Shu Liu San 5 times during that time. <3 that place. If only the NYC one was as good... but regardless, I WILL be there.

Lots of MJ also occured; there were wins and losses.. I think overall, I ended up down like 50 NT or so; no biggie. And the 4 of us ended up having good times outside the game of MJ; ping pong, shrimping, eating, and just random hanging out. Good times. I've decided those Californians are a lot like Texans in personality; way kooler than those East Coasters (of who's ranks I'm soon to join).

Weekend Erika left (sad) events happened (interesting). That's all I'll say to that.

We SO didn't KTV enough; I want to learn more Chinese songs though; I think it'd make it a lot more fun. Too bad most of the KTV things in the States are Korean-run so no Chinese songs. And the English song selection isn't all that big (how can you NOT have Baby got Back??)

Ximen! Shilin! Bongos! 711! Random quiet Japanese restaurant with spinach rolls!

I also have to give a super shoutout to StephFan for being the best travel partner ever; we went to Japan, all over Taiwan, and HK together, and I'm STILL not tired of her. I love learning new things about her because she's probably one of the most interesting people I've ever met.

I think I'm going to start renting soaps in America to practice my Chinese. I can already feeling my skills slowly leaving me. Sad.

1 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha you still type "kool" :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home