So I've been looking into finding a good quote lately. Preferably something not too cliche, somewhat inspirational. I'd also like it to be kinda quirky; something to match my personality. Why you ask? Well, it's possible in the upcoming year or two, I'll have to write an essay with a prompt asking me what's my fav. quote and why. I figured I'd get a head start on it and start looking NOW. Along the way I've found a lot of good quotes for random topics; not really what I'm looking for. So if you find something good, send it my way.
So I dl 4 gbs of this soap I watched part of in Taiwan, and I'm very sad to learn that instead of subbing in Traditional Chinese (the KOOL Chinese), it's in Simplified. Blech. And why does that matter, you ask? Cuz it's spoken in Korean and I don't understand the words. Why don't I get it subbed in English? Why, it ruins the whole 'I want to practice my Chinese!" bit if I do THAT. I wonder where to find these types of DVDs to rent once I get to NYC...
And on another note, next week I'm signing the lease to the apartment. Eek. So you will all soon find me at 34th and 9th. In the closet of an apartment we will have. We have yet to decide if we're going to leave a space for a shared living room; most likely yes, but that depends on if the wall can be constructed. MAN NYC sucks... at least I won't be spending THAT much.
Things I'm looking foward to:
*Possibly seeing people in NJ this week?
*Going to TEXAS (obviously). Stuffing my face like a fat pig, getting a decent hair cut, and experiencing some SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY.
*The beginnings of buying furniture and decorating. Not like much is going to fit into the apartment, but still! My first time doing this! I've always lived in dorms. Anyways, it'll be more of a challenge this way. Yay!
*Possible visit from Yue-Chen to NYC before I start work. One of THE awesomest people in the entire world who I haven't hung out with since I left Houston.
*Living and experiencing these next few years with only the bestest bestest bestest friend a girl could EVER hope to have.
*And surprisingly, yes, I'm looking forward to the beginning of work. I know, I'm a nerd. Shut up. Also, work = getting paid = money.
And what am I dreading? Bombing my GMATs. What a waste of 250 bucks.
I leave you with two Calvin & Hobbes quotes I especially like, but most cetainly unable to use for a serious essay.
“People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.”
“Who was the first guy that look at a cow and said,' I think that I'll drink whatever comes out of those things when I squeeze them?'"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home