What is up with homeless people nowadays? I swear, they are getting greedier and greedier!
Examples
1. Saw a guy on the subway THROWING OUT PENNIES from his cup of begging money on the floor. OK, even I don't throw away pennies! And Jessica says that she heard that some people YELL at you if you give them pennies. WTF!
2. Before I got transferred to NJ, I walked by this woman next to work every morning, and every morning, she stands there shifting back and forth saying "quarter....quarter...quarter..."
3. In Miami, Dennis pointed out that every person that came up to us asking for money asked for not just one quarter, but TWO QUARTERS. TWO QUARTERS!!! Once upon a time, that bought a COKE! That's not just spare change! I wonder if they would they yell at me if I gave them 5 dimes or 10 nickels?
4. Today in the PATH station, this woman asks me for a DOLLAR. A DOLLAR! Is this inflation adjusted begging or something? What happened to giving these people your SPARE CHANGE? A dollar is NOT spare change.
Sheesh.

1 Comments:
It was much better told in person. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home